The William Hill St Leger Festival stages some of the most historic races in the Flat racing calendar over the course of its four days so we've asked ATR race stats expert Paul Jones to analyse the strongest races at the meeting.
He's looked at 12 of the feature contests at the meeting, from the world's oldest Classic itself to the helter-skelter cavalry charge of the Portland Handicap.
To read his views just click on the title of the race you are interested in below.
- Wednesday 12th September
- D C Training And Development Services Scarbrough Stakes (Listed)
- Thursday 13th September
- William Hill May Hill Stakes (Group 2) (Fillies & Mares) (Str)
- DFS Park Hill Stakes (Group 2) (Fillies & Mares)
- Weatherbys Racing Bank 300,000 2-Y-O Stakes
- Friday 14th September
- Japan Racing Association Sceptre Stakes (Fillies and Mares) (Group 3)
- Wainwrights Flying Childers Stakes (Group 2)
- William Hill Mallard Handicap
- Doncaster Cup Stakes (Group 2) (British Champions Series)
- Saturday 15th September
- William Hill Portland Handicap
- Alan Wood Plumbing And Heating Park Stakes (Group 2)
- Howcroft Industrial Supplies Champagne Stakes (Group 2)
- William Hill St Leger Stakes (Group 1) (British Champion Series)